Friday, March 3, 2017

Billiards Shop. Thats a name we dont seem to hear very often.

Firstly, what's the meaning of Billiards Parlor?

Ac-cording the the online book, it is a space where billiards is played.

This can be a pretty self explanatory description. The dictionary also described billiard billiard saloon, billiard parlour, billiard hall and area.

We in Colorado never reference it as a shop. We will say lets go for the pool hall, or lets go to the club and shoot some pool. Often we shall only reference the hall by name. (Lets go to Side Pocket or Lets go to Diamond Jims.)

I guess it doesnt matter which title you use, they're all a room where billiards is played.

While doing some billiards research I stumbled upon the expression or name billiards shop. It's very interesting that there have been 95,546 searches done for the phrase last month. That came in second to the search term billiards which was 416,838 searches for the month.

The name makes me picture an up-scale pool hall. Perhaps a good pool room that isnt a bar. You realize the good old fashioned pool halls that only sell soda and charge for the tables per hour. It appears we find these pool areas few and far between these days.

I possessed a bit non-alcohol pool area in the late 80-s. We had good quality action there. You can usually look for a cash game and we held Saturday regular competitions that filled your house.

When I found the definition of billiards shop, I only had to write an article about what meaning to me. Navigating To homepage seemingly provides cautions you might tell your father. I entered the phrase into Google search and it came back 551,000 search results. There was one o-n the initial page referring to pro person John Schmidt and his new pool area that is called Nine Mile Billiards Parlor.

I guess though the name is not as popular as it once was, people still have it on the end of the tongue when contemplating pool halls. I'm ju st sitting here writing about it and I feel like shooting some pool now. Should people wish to get more about drug addiction treatment, we know of millions of on-line databases people should consider investigating. For other viewpoints, you can check out: addiction rehab. Clicking alcohol addiction treatment perhaps provides lessons you should give to your brother.

Wouldnt you say the term also adds a touch of class for the game of pocket billiards?

I have a league match tonight in-a small tavern with one 7-foot Valley dining table. I would say that we cant reference this as a parlor. Could you accept that?

Post your comments stories and questions below. I would love to hear from you.

For Your Go Out Achievement.

Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment