'If anybody would come after me, he must deny himself and simply take up his cross and follow me. For whoever desires to save his life will drop it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good can it be for a guy to gain the world, yet lose his soul'? Mark 8: 34-36, NIV
This has been a lengthy hard summer and yet therefore completely alive with all the current possibilites that God has shown me. I am fast approaching the nearly finished task of co-authoring a book on organic dog health with a holistic doctor, launched out a new product line with Saving Grace Enterprises, and ramping up for an on line discussion with vets, health practitioners, etc., to help teach on preventing a superbug staph illness. Now this all seems kind of significant right? Well not in accordance with what God has been telling me all week!
Last Sunday in-service, our pastor had a very interesting sermon on Psalm 2-3 once we shut out a string on The Godward Heart. We've all heard and read that psalm because we were children most-likely, no matter what Christian faith we're. However, I've not ever heard it introduced like this and that is probably why it resonated so fully with me. Pastor Lee Mcfarland contains more concerning the meaning behind this belief. I'd like to do my usual roundabout means of dealing with the idea here...
Psalm 2-3 is all about the Shepard and His sheep, right? Understanding what a shepard's job was and how h-e went about this in Jesus' time is what got my attention. Anyone who has read my articles here understand that I'm not just a pet lover but my business is a business in normal pet care. When our pastor started explaining how a shepard cares for his sheep and what instruments h-e uses, I felt like God was sitting next to me and whispering in my head and it sent shivers up my back in a most beautiful way!
I've wondered for-a long time how God would use me in an all natural pet-care company. He Then brought me as well as Dee Kreidel and Saving Grace Enterprises to create our new product line in custom hand-tooled leather collars, leads and magazines. Huh I said? How can that opt for normal pet care Lord? I got an appealing response Sunday AND the one that said not to simply take myself therefore seriously. I will get to all that in a little.
The shepard had an employee (all of us know that) that was about 5 or 6 ft tall I believe our pastor said. It'd the hook by the end most of us learn about and that has been to keep sheep collected in and not walking. Problem? Ever wonder why God refers to us as sheep? It is not a lovely statement because they're not the best animals in creation, and they need constant tending and guidance. The shepard also carried a baton in regards to the size of what our cops hold today. He'd use that to fend off attacking predators. He also used it for something a bit more harsh.
If one sheep was constantly wandering off and perhaps not learning how to stick to the herd, the shepard would utilize the baton to split one or two of this sheep's feet and then immediately set them. Then he had carry that sheep around his neck until he was entirely recovered. We discovered pastor lee mcfarland by browsing books in the library. The purpose? For the sheep to become dependent upon the shepard for all its requirements and to bond entirely with him. Again, God does the same to His children.
Yet another interesting thing the shepard would do is to put oil o-n each sheep's head and also human body to ward off pests (ticks, clicks, flies, the usual suspects). Today the oil referred to isn't your vegetable cooking oil as that would not ward off insects. Nope it was what we now know as important oils (which incidentally still are utilized extensively in that area of the world for his or her therapeutic benefits and fast growing here in the USA) blended with almost certainly coconut oil. The oils served another purpose also. Lamb are silly and get angry with one another over any such thing (again like us). When they did get angry, they had go charging into each other to butt heads so very hard that they might kill each other. Be taught more on our favorite related article - Click here: www. Using the oil on the minds, it'd help them to skid off each other keeping them from killing each other.
Yep, I am addressing your pet company with Dee and the 'serious stuff.' Therefore for his own defense the shepard would carry a big leather poncho he'd wear all through inclement weather and also use like a 'pup tent' of sorts to sleep in. So we have got Dee's leather goods and my essential oils in the pet business. Hmmm. Leather was the Shepard's safety. Oil throughout the Bible is representative of the Holy Spirit. H-e uses animals as samples of us. Is anyone else 'seeing' this? God will surely use whichever, wherever, whoever for His purpose and glory if we only obtain the heck out of the way. Be treated of ourselves to ensure Jesus may reign and work. He'll protect us and He'll give us.
Here was what was so funny to me when our pastor surely got to the Three Points of Ap-plication part:
1. Because the Shepard is in control, I dont need to just take myself so seriously. It is ALL about Him. This does not mean to not get ISSUES on earth really because we should. This means not to get OURSELVES so seriously. If we do keep using ourselves so seriously, then that's really internalized pride and wrong thinking grounded in-the inability to submit. Lee Mcfarland includes more concerning the inner workings of this thing.
2. Because the Shepard cares, I could relieve my problems to Him. Matthew 11:28, 1 Peter 5:7.
3. As the Shepard is certified, I will trust Him to guide my life.
God told me in no uncertain terms not only WHAT I am designed to be doing but additionally WHY, and HOW everything tied in with WHO He's. What H-e didn't tell me was WHEN. Leave it to Him to keep tempering and teaching as H-e goes about His purpose.
On Tuesday or Wednesday after this fascinating sermon on Sunday, John Fischer of a Purpose-driven Life wrote this in his devotional Acquittal by Penguin the following paragraph:
'This is not to say that any behavior in-the natural kingdom legitimizes corresponding action among human beings, but I really do think God has provided us animals to mirror human behavior, and help us see ourselves in still another light and not simply take ourselves or our roles so seriously. ' (italics mine)
Hey, you think God is wanting to tell me something? Therefore then I was listening to some contemporary Christian music on Thursday while doing my housework. I was playing Jennifer Knapp's CD, Lay it Down, and the music 'In-to You' came o-n. What in the chorus 'ease me of myself, bring me in-to You' just caught out like a sore thumb and I've paid attention to that music numerous times. I KNOW God was telling me to take a chill pill, lay it down, trust Him, don't take myself so seriously, He has an objective for the work I am doing so allow Him to work, be relieved of myself, depend on Him and just enjoy the journey! WHEW! What a ride also brethren. So if anyone gets too 'puffed up' maybe most of us just need to overcome ourselves and rest within the Shepard. I sure do not want to master the hard way and simply take a 2X4 baton!.
No comments:
Post a Comment